You may ask, does it really matter in what order you apply your skin care products or formulating a routine for your skin care health? Well, according to various experts, ensures that you apply your products in the correct order thus helping you reap the full benefits of each product. According to Dr. Rogers “skin care routine is incredibly important, the skin’s job is to keep things out, but many of our skin care product we use, we want to get in into the skin. Formulating a skin care routine ensures these products penetrate the skin, hence guarantees the best result for our skin care regime”.
Your Daytime Regimen
- start by splashing and washing your face with water, just water and afterwards proceed to use a gentle face cleaner suited for your skin.
- use toners; toners have multipurpose functions. They act as delivery systems for antioxidants, vitamin derivatives and toning acids.
- apply serums; serums are highly concentrated, and contain nutrients that combat specific concerns. They neutralize damages from UV rays and environmental pollutants.
- spot treatments; if skin medication have been prescribed to you, now is a good time to apply it. Spot treatment should be applied close to the skin as possible and only on the spot where you need it.
Your Nighttime Regimen
- to get rid of the day’s dirt, grimes, oil and make up, your first step is to use a cleanser. Then afterwards proceed to washing your face with warm water.
- apply toners, essence and boosters; toner is more to clean the face while essence and booster is more about delivering treatments.
- treatment serums, creams and pads; just like other parts of the body, the skin does its repairing, restoring and regenerating as we sleep. So the nighttime is a good time to apply these special treatments.
- moisturizers or night cream; most people would opt for moisturizers, same as they used in the morning, while others would opt for the night cream.
Listen to your skin. Remember that you are unique and so is your skin from everyone else’s. No matter what experts say, it is crucial to find what works for you and always be kind and gentle to your skin.